Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Will I ever have enough hard drive space?

I just ordered another 300GB hard drive for my Media Center PC the other day (hopefully it 300 Gb Hard Drivewill arrive in the next few days). That brings me up to 700GB of storage and I'm sure I will have that extra 300GB used up in not time.

I've already reluctantly deleted a lot of video which I will be keen to get back. If I could buy a 1TB hard drive for under $200 I would definitely have one and be filling it up fast and I know I'm not alone.

I don't even record or download video in HD quality, I don't know what I would do if I did given that HD content takes up almost 10 times more space. I'd be looking at needing 7TB of hard drive space on my PC instead.

Right now if I wanted to feel comfortable and could afford it I would like about 2TB of space with most of it housed on a network attached storage device (NAS), but five years from now I'll probably be sitting there with my 5TB of video storage wishing I could have 50TB.

I think my soon-to-be 700GB setup is above average but will be dwarfed by what some of you guys have out there. So if you have a beefy storage setup for your recorded videos let us know!

[source: www.pvrwire.com]

No comments:

Tag Cloud